Creating and administering a message board
You are an antique furniture collector and you would like to share your knowledge with other people who share your interest. For example, you want to be able to exchange information with them about where to get the best doll furniture that was built between 1892 and 1897.
Safe-mailTM offers you the Message Board function that can serve that purpose.
- Click the MSG Boards button at the top of the screen.
- Click the Create Board button to create a new message board.
- Fill in the name of the message board, its description, and other general information.
- If you want to invite open participation check the "Allow reader access to any registered user" option.
- Or you may restrict reader access to certain people by clicking "Restrict reader access to" and filling in their names.
- Or you may fill in the names of users whose authentication you trust, so that anybody who they authenticate will be able to read messages on your message board.
- If you want to invite any person to post messages check the "Allow writing access to any registered user" option.
- Or you may fill in the user names of the people who share your interest and to whom you wish to grant writing access.
- Or you may fill in the names of users whose authentication you trust, so that anybody who they authenticate will be able to post messages on your message board.
- Click the Create button to complete your setup. You can change your definitions anytime by clicking the message board name and clicking the Settings tab.